The ICMA has entered into Strategic Alliances and Mutual Recognition Agreements with select professional bodies with a similar vision to the profession.
In general, members of all recognised professional bodies; and those with a Rating 1 category given by the Australian Education Credentials Standards Agency (AECSA); are eligible to join the Institute at the GMA (no experience) and AMA (3 years’ experience) membership categories. If such individuals desire the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) professional credentials; then they need to undertake the CMA program and have it total 5 years of recognised work experience. The CMA program can be undertaken at an Accredited University; or Recognised Provider Institution or Online.
Members of professional accounting bodies that have entered into Strategic Alliances and Mutual Recognition Agreements with ICMA, have special arrangements in place that enable them to obtain AMA and CMA membership via different pathways.
Currently, Mutual Recognition Agreements exist with the following organisations:
- Auditors’ Association of Nepal (AUDAN)
- Institute of Chartered Management Accountants of Papua New Guinea (ICMAPNG)
- Lao Chamber of Professional Accountants and Auditors
- Myanmar Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Society of Professional Accountants of Canada (SPAC)
- Please click on page links to see details of membership pathways.
- Strategic Alliances – Universities
The Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA) and the universities listed below have signed Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) to engage in the mutual collaboration of research and practices on management accounting. Opportunities for collaboration are in the following areas:
Collaboration in terms of the refereeing of articles submitted for publication in the ICMA Journal.
Promoting the symposiums/conferences/seminars of ICMA and the university.
Providing free ‘student memberships’ for 3 years for the university’s accounting/finance undergraduate students.
Providing free ‘Graduate Management Accountant (GMA) memberships’ for 2 years for the university’s accounting/finance post-graduate students.
Other activities that contribute to the research and professional development between ICMA and the university.
- Diponegoro University of Semarang
- Hasanuddin University
- Mercu Buana University
- Politeknik Negeri Malang, Indonesia
- State University of Malang
- STIE Asia Malang, Indonesia
- STIE Dewantara Jombang, Indonesia
- STIE Widyagama Lumajang, Indonesia
- Uniuersitas Widyagama Malang, Indonesia
- Univasitas Muhammadiya Jember, Indonesia
- Universitas lslam Malang Indonesia
- Universitas Negeri Jember, Indonesia
- Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia
- Universitas of Ciputra, Surabaya, Indonesia
- Universitas Pelita Harapan Medan
- Universitas Yudharta Pasuruan, Indonesia
- University of Merdeka Malang
- University of Trisakti
- University of Udayana
- YKPN School of Economics Yogyakarta
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar
- St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata
Strategic Alliances – Regional Professional Bodies
The ICMA has entered into Memorandum of Understanding with select regional professional bodies to strengthen cooperation between the two sides in professional development and professional community in the Region.
- Chartered Accountants of Indonesia – Solo (IAI)
- Chartered Accountants of Indonesia – Malang (IAI)